Sunday, November 20, 2005

Privelege

Today, I told over 3000 people how to interpret the Bible, how to raise children and how to honor parents. In preparation, I prayed, sought wisdom and studied, but in the end, the words were mine alone and I am responsible for them. Sometimes that frightens me.

I know that I worship a beautiful and merciful God, but it humbles me to think of the incredible responsibility it is to step into that pulpit. We teach people to study the Bible on their own and we trust that the Spirit leads each one, but the pastor still shepherds and guides an entire flock and it should sometimes cause him to lose sleep....

I'll post the message once the file's ready, but the slides are on the right (Andy, take a peek).

Update: the sermon's up and it's in mp3 now. You can get the real audio stream from here. Sorry, no podcast!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, I tried to post something before, but I could not get it do. I thought the 3 last application points were great!

lisa said...

Cool slides! Can't wait to hear or read the message. By the way what is that in your mouth?

lisa said...

Thanks for the tips! Who knew you would become such the blog king.

Anonymous said...

Steve! I really can't express how much I've missed you lately. I know I could call, but it's as if there's a demon keeping me from being able to manage any level of long-distance communication. Anyway, I have a new xanga. Camelkneesagain.

deersnake said...

To sum it up in a word for me: inspirational.

Was it challenging and tough stuff? Yes, but it's supposed to be (IMO).

Will I beat myself up? Of course, but I'll try not to dwell on it. Each day is a new day and a new opportunity to share, learn, grow, and teach something to our kids.

Thanks for sharing with us.