Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fog

Woohoo! My head is slowly rising from the fog. I just finished a rather consuming exam and now only see sermon prep, missions meeting prep and being "on-call" before me for the week. Right now, I'm between class and my mandatory spiritual formation group and stopped by the library. Tonight, I actually get to run home and just play with my kids and maybe even watch a movie with my college sweetheart! APPENDED: that's after I go register the Gorillas--our soccer team!

I know that's cryptic, but this has been a rather heavy week and I'm finally past one of the big hurdles (fellow Greek students, notice that I said "past" it, not that I "passed" it).

I am excited about pulling together the sermon for Sunday. It's a topic I love and a group of people I love and a method I love (yes I still have to write it, but much has been gathered). I won't be walking straight through a text, but I will be helping our body understand the shift in worldviews that is upon us and how to be Christian in the midst of it. I don't have all the answers, but I'm excited about what I think I know and I can't wait to help us enter this conversation.

Here's my 2 Things Tuesday 2 Days Late:

1-Dad had to get a wheelchair last week due to a back injury. Please pray that it doesn't become permanent.
2-I got Robbie's poem published, kindof. DTS has an arts community site and I submitted it last month. You can see it here. Yes, I'm shamelessly seeking affirmation or for someone to tell me to stop writing poetry ;-)

4 comments:

lisa said...

This is a sermon I have to hear! My old crusty mind is being effected by this new world view and I am needing for my two worlds to reconcile. I would think that I'm too old for this "shift in thinking" to be able to grab a hold of me but perhaps being so involved in young peoples lives It has found a secret passage into my heart. There are some good things out of this new paradigm that I want to retain but there are some "evils" that I constantly have to battle not only in my mind but in the minds of my young girls. "There is truth, there are absoulutes, it isn't all about you"!
I find myself having to repeat this to my freshman girls and to myself constantly.

How do we teach about one God to a new generation that believes in so many?

Johnny T said...

Steve. It's good to read you again. Nice work on persevering through your exam, and I'm excited that you're excited.

f1rststory said...

Glad to have you back blogging again. Seems like it's been weeks... ;)

Wendy said...

Don't stop writing poetry. I love that you can put such neat thoughts into words. I sure can't!