Wednesday, July 20, 2005

One More Meeting!

Okay--it wasn't the academic dean, but an academic advisor, but I'm still really thankful for the prayers! We actually walked from campus to a Chinese restaurant a couple of blocks away. He was helpful and signed off of the reclassification. Tomorrow, I meet with the admissions boss (I don't know his title). It should go well, but we'll see! After that, we're all set for a ThM.

Tonight at Wildlife, we sent the 8th grade up a week early since Jonathan was here (our candidate for the senior high position and the guy who got our whole department into the blog-o-sphere). The 7th grade was great tonight. We played awhile inside and one student asked if my summer school class was because of cemetary... Then we prayed and it always breaks my heart and inspires me at the same time. There is nothing like a circle of junior high kids who will pray for each other.

We were small tonight (summer and no 8th grade) and only had about 25, but it always starts the same way. One asks for prayer for their cousin's sister's step dad but within a couple of minutes someone asks about their Dad's cancer or their friend who died or the divorce they fear is coming. It hurts my heart, but it is amazing to watch them look to God for a way through it all. Sometimes deeper conversations follow (I'll be praying for you in case you're reading this) and remind us all why we take this path of vocational ministry.

G'night.

4 comments:

relauncher said...

Yes, you have been swallowed by the blog-o-sphere.
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hankinstien said...

Well, Well, finally updating this thing, eh? Congratulations! And I like how your blog links sidebar looks suspiciously like mine... hmm...

Steve said...

Uh...no comment...and jonathan's pic looks strangely similar to mike's, sans the bat ears, of course...

relauncher said...

That's because I am Bruce Wayne.




But don't tell anyone.