Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Short Prayer Request

I'd like to ask for a short prayer...I meet on Wednesday (12 central) with the academic dean from DTS to discuss my desire to re-classify as a ThM student (instead of the Christian Ed degree I started on). This is kind of crossing the Rubicon for us, because it commits us to at least another 4 years and it is very difficult to get on a lighter program once you're in. And, it will mean I have to start Spiritual Formation (a two-year discipleship process I can't get out of andhave to pay for!!). And, it means we're committing to move beyond the Stafford Loan we've been using up till now (runs out in 06). So, you could pray we win the lottery too--especially since I've never entered it! ;-)

Thanks ya'll--I'm nervous about this decision but we think it's the right thing. If you remove all the other concerns (like graduating at 40 and $ and time), we both believe I should pursue the full degree, languages and all. We left Tennessee with a commitment to not be controlled by fear. Please pray for clarity and unity as Wendy and I move forward and for our sustained ability to thrive as a family through all this!

No comments: